Patient Driven Care™
A helping hand for high-risk members
At Resolution Health, we understand how your employees’ health affects your bottom line. Healthy employees are happy employees, whereas employees who are sick inevitably affect business productivity and overall workflow. It is because of this fact that we're fully dedicated to helping your staff members stay as healthy as possible so that they're absent from work as little as possible. Our industry first Patient Driven Care™ (PDC™) programme is our unique way of offering additional support to those at risk employees who sometimes need a helping hand when it comes to taking care of their health and wellbeing.
What is PDC™?
PDC™ is our unique way of helping our at-risk members to manage their health and benefits better so that they’re always able to get the care that they need when they need it most. These members will firstly be assigned a Personal Health Coordinator (PHC). This PHC is like a personal banker for your employee’s wellbeing. The PHC will help the employee along every step of the way, from developing a tailor-made care path based on his / her unique healthcare needs to giving him / her access to benefits that will help him / her stay as healthy as possible, for as long as possible.
What is a health event?
Let’s say that you have an employee on staff who suffers from something like high blood pressure or cholesterol. In this case, an example of a health event would be a heart attack. Similarly, various other chronic conditions can have extreme health events if left unmanaged and, in most cases, result in hospitalisation.
Who qualifies for the PDC™ programme?
It’s important to keep in mind that PDC™ is a health management programme and not a medical scheme benefit. We have a sophisticated process, based on our advanced managed care principles and protocols, that quickly identifies members who could benefit from the helping hand that the programme offers. Once identified, we start helping you to use your specific option’s benefits better.
In some cases, we’ll even unlock extra benefits that assist you in staying as healthy as possible, for as long as possible.
Resolution Health members who would ideally use the PDC™ programme include,
- Chronic patients (depending on the severity of your condition).
- Patients with an increased risk of having an adverse health event that may, for example, result in hospitalisation.
- Patients who have had severe in-hospital or other acute health events.
- Patients with rare diseases who need constant monitoring.
How to register for the programme
Registering for the PDC™ programme takes place in two ways:
- Our progressive clinical systems continuously monitor our members’ claims patterns to quickly identify high risk patients. Should you be flagged as high risk on our system, you will be contacted by our friendly PDC™ team who will discuss the programme with you and take you through the registration process.
- If you are suffering from a severe chronic disease, you can apply for registration on the programme yourself. The application process is quick and easy and you can either call or email us by using the details below.
Need more info?
Simply get in touch with our efficient team on 0861 796 6400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view our range of unique medical scheme options for businesses, click here.