Make sure your kids spend less time in front of screens and more time being active, especially during their formative years to set a healthy lifestyle benchmark for their future health. Here is how much time your little one should spend being active each day during those crucial first years of their lives:
Infants and young children should not be inactive for long periods of time — no more than 1 hour unless they’re sleeping. School-age children, on the other hand, should not be inactive for periods longer than 2 hours at a time.
Combining regular physical activity with a healthy diet is the key to a healthy lifestyle.
Here are some tips for raising fit kids:
- Help your kids participate in a variety of age-appropriate activities
- Establish a regular schedule for physical activity
- Make being active a part of daily life, like taking the stairs instead of the elevator
- Embrace a healthier lifestyle yourself so you’ll be a positive role model for your family
- Keep it fun so your kids will come back for more